MsecureKB - Microsoft Security & Identity Forum

Provide a Microsoft Security & Identity Support, Troubleshooting, and more

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

"windows cannot log you on because smart card log in is not configured for your organization"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mofrs julian

PostSubject: "windows cannot log you on because smart card log in is not configured for your organization"   Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:50 pm

hello
i am using smartcard authentication for , my org filled with couple of 2008 servers act as ts server
after user in client write down the pin , the error message as the following:
"windows cannot log you on because smart card log in is not configured for your organization"
can i get any direction or guide?
thanks
mofrs julian
Back to top Go down
shuki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "windows cannot log you on because smart card log in is not configured for your organization"   Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:19 am

Hey Julian
Thanks for posting,
The error msg:
"windows cannot log you on because smart card log in is not cofigured for your organization"
can be mentioned to some configuration at your ca server:

The issuing CA (the third party CA) is trusted in the NTAuth store, use the command [certutil -viewstore -enterprise NTAuth] to verify
The smart card certificates are enabled for revocation checking and that revocation checking actually works, the CRLs are reachable from your DCs and clients
All your DCs have received a Domain Controller/ Domain Controller Authentication certificate
Back to top Go down
http://msecurekb.forumv.biz
mofrs julian

PostSubject: Re: "windows cannot log you on because smart card log in is not configured for your organization"   Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:45 pm

thank you for replay
once i check the CRLs that they reachable from DCs , the client was able to get throw the pin authentication screen
that's was actually the issue

thanks again
mofrs julian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "windows cannot log you on because smart card log in is not configured for your organization"   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1